Fish served on a bed of creamy veggie risotto
I’m proud to have hosted my second Livestream recently where I made Pan Seared Fish with Spinach and Pea Risotto. To get back on camera and have an audience watch you cook and speak about your journey really makes me happy. Plus making a dish I have made dozens of time, I’m just in the zone. Risotto is one dish I always go back to with my passion for Gordon Ramsay and pairing it with a nice crispy skin piece of fish is a win. The spinach and peas throughout the creamy risotto make for a simple vegetable rice dish; then just finish it with a piece of fish over the top. I have salmon featured here, and you can use anything from cod to halibut to red snapper.
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 35 mins
4 salmon fillets or pieces of whitefish, skin on
Salt to taste
Pepper to taste
7 T olive oil
1 T butter
1 c arborio rice
1 onion chopped
1 T garlic minced
1 bunch spinach trimmed
1.5 c peas
1/2 c Parmesan shredded
1/4 c white wine
1 qt chicken broth
1. Season fish with salt and pepper on both sides.
2. Heat skillet with 1 T oil and butter over medium. Sauté onion and garlic for 3-4 mins.
3. Stir in spinach and peas and season with S and P.
4. Add rice and toast 1 min.
5. Deglaze with wine.
6. Stir in broth and reduce to medium low to medium heat, adding broth throughout to cover rice. It will take about 18 mins to cook.
7. Heat second skillet with 2 T oil over medium. Place salmon skin side down and sear 3-4 mins per side.
8. To finish Risotto, stir in 2 T olive oil, parmesan, Salt and pepper. Mix until creamy.
9. Plate risotto and top with fish skin side up. Garnish with parsley.