Updated: Jul 4
Creamy vegetable soup combining broccoli and cauliflower
This cold weather in Chicago is perfect for a bowl of soup, and I wanted a healthy one that packed loads of flavor. Broccoli Cauliflower Soup took broccoli, cauliflower, a few spices and it was simmered to perfection. Purée it up in the blender and ladle into bowls. I then finish mine off with GF croutons, cheese and parsley. The soup was super silky and smooth, and just what I needed this week. If you’re looking to give your kids veggies, you can’t go wrong with this! It's packed with the veggies and the creaminess is just perfect.
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 45 mins
1 large or 2 medium broccoli crowns chopped
1 cauliflower chopped
1 carrot diced
1 onion chopped
2 T olive oil
1 T garlic minced
6 c chicken broth
Salt to taste
Pepper to taste
1/4 c cornstarch
GF croutons for garnish
Parmesan or cheddar cheese shredded for garnish
Parsley dry for garnish
1. Heat stockpot with oil over medium. Sauté onion and carrot for 2-3 mins.
2. Stir in broccoli, cauliflower and garlic; sauté for 5-6 mins. Stir in chicken broth and bring to a boil.
3. Reduce heat to simmer and stir in cornstarch and salt/pepper to taste. Cook covered 30 mins.
4. Remove from heat and purée in blender until smooth.
5. Ladle into bowls and top with croutons, cheese and parsley.