The New England classic sandwich with succulent creamy shrimp
Happy Fourth of July! Hope everyone is having a great day celebrating with family and friends. If you need a last minute dish to bring to the BBQ, check out these Shrimp Rolls. It’s a spin on a lobster roll with the fresh, grilled summer flavors. I served mine up alongside Grilled Potatoes after finally cleaning the grill yesterday. Get ready for a lot more grilled dishes this summer!
Lobster rolls are a classic summer dish in New England, and Shrimp rolls can be found there too. Plus, Shrimp is a lot more affordable and easy to find for anyone not in New England.
Prep Time: 10-15 mins
Cook Time: 10 mins
Makes 4 Shrimp Rolls
4 GF sub rolls
1.5 lbs shrimp peeled and deveined
Salt to taste
Pepper to taste
1 c mayo
3 T lemon juice
Parsley dry for garnish
2 scallions chopped
2 celery stalks chopped
1 T dill dry
GF paprika garnish
2 T butter melted
Grilled potatoes for serving
1. Heat grill. Season shrimp with salt and pepper on both sides.
2. Grill shrimp for 2-3 mins per side. Let shrimp cool 5 mins and place in bowl.
3. Combine mayo, lemon juice, scallion, celery, dill and mix. Pour over shrimp and toss to coat.
4. Brush rolls with butter and toast/grill.
5. Place lettuce on toasted bread, top with shrimp. Sprinkle with paprika and parsley on top. Serve with potatoes.