Rice Krispy Treats
The kid friendly treat that is great for a snack or dessert
I grew up eating Rice Krispy Treats as a snack with my school lunch, after school or even dessert. There are so many varieties of this tasty treat, and I chose to keep it pretty traditional here. Simple base for the treats using Chex cereal and topped with rainbow sprinkles. I was looking for red and green sprinkles, since today is Christmas but the store was out. Legit just how I remember them before I went gluten free, and addicting too. I'm having to control myself from eating the whole tray in one sitting.
Prep Time: 10 mins
Inactive Time: 2 hrs
Cook Time: NA
Serves: Make 12 Rice Krispy Treats
1 12 oz box gluten free chex crushed
12 oz marshmallows
4 T butter
Dash of salt
Sprinkles for garnish
1. Heat butter and marshmallows in saucepan until melted down.
2. In meantime, combine chex and salt in bowl. 3. Stir in marshmallow butter mixture.
4. Mix well and pour into 9 by 13 greased baking dish.
5. Top with sprinkles.
6. Let rest for at least 2 hrs in fridge to set before slicing and serving.
7. Once set, slice into 12 squares and serve.