Updated: Dec 5, 2022
Pumpkin flavored loaf topped with cream cheese frosting and pistachios
Keeping the holiday treats and Thanksgiving going with this Pumpkin Loaf. This loaf is a great substitute for pumpkin pie or easy breakfast idea. I served it up Thursday on Thanksgiving day for dessert, while everyone else ate regular pie. Pumpkin and warm spices throughout, topped with a cream cheese frosting on the outside and pistachios on top. Perfect to warm you up this holiday season! You will have one bite and be in heaven with this sweet treat!
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 1 hour
Serves 8-10 or 1 10 inch loaf pan
1.25 c AP GF flour
1/2 c white rice flour
1/2 c tapioca flour
1 c sugar
3/4 c brown sugar
2 T butter melted
1/2 c milk
1/4 t salt
1 t xanthan gum
14 oz can of canned pumpkin GF
1 T baking powder
1 t pumpkin pie spice
Dash of nutmeg
1 t cinnamon
1/2 c RF cream cheese
1/3 c powdered sugar
2 T milk
1/4 c pistachios
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Put foil in loaf pan and coat with cooking spray.
2. Combine flours, salt, xanthan gum, and baking powder in bowl.
3. Beat sugar and brown sugar with egg, butter and 1/2 c milk.
4. Combine dry and wet ingredients. Mix in canned pumpkin, cinnamon, nutmeg, and pumpkin pie spice. Pour into loaf pan and bake 50-55 mins.
5. Remove from oven and let cool completely before removing from loaf pan in foil.
6. Beat cream cheese with powdered sugar and 2 T milk.
7. Once loaf is cool, frost all sides. Sprinkle pistachios on top.
8. Let rest in fridge for at least one hour.
9. Slice and serve.